Sunday, March 21, 2010

Be Happy



No worries! Be happy!


'Being happy' is the key to success. When you're happy, you have the motivation to learn.When you're happy, you have the energy to work.When you're happy, you can face any challenges with ease!
...................................................................................................

Let me give you some tips on how you can be a happy individual:


When you view your glass, say to yourself that it is half-filled, and not half-empty!
Count your blessing every day and be thankful!
Think of what people (e.g. your teachers, your classmates, your family, your friends) have done for you every day and say ‘thank you!’
Think of something you have done during the day (e.g. having finished a piece of writing, having done a Maths exercise correctly or even having answered a question in class) and give yourself a thumb up.
Tell your friend or your parents that they look smart or pretty and watch their smiles!
.....................................................................................................


Being happy can be as simple as that. Having worked in education for more than 20 years, I realize that the most important thing in school is a happy culture! My dad has cultivated in me a positive attitude towards everything in life. That works really well. And all through my years working in different schools, I have been trying to tell my students that learning is in no way difficult. If we have the passion for study, the way to study would be simple and smooth. I studied English Language and Literature in the university and I love it till now! It was that passion that kept me studying all the time even after school. It was the passion for the subject that urged me to teach with commitment. It is the passion for study that sustains my life- long learning! Just to share with you, even at my age now, I have piles of books beside my bed and I can’t afford not to read before I go to sleep.

So my passion now is to create a happy environment in the school where our students can be nurtured in a happy atmosphere on their way to becoming successful 21st century world citizens! Do come and join me so that my passion can be a common vision for you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment